Shampoo bars are a great plastic free alternative to normal shampoos. Pure Simples shampoo bars are particularly great alternative because they have three different fragrances that work for dry to oily hair.
- Olive Oil.
- Chamomile, Hibiscus, or Rosemary Tea.
- Caustic Soda.
- Blue Mountain Sage.
- Ylang Ylang.
- Lavender Essential Oils.
Directions for use:
- Rub bar directly onto your wet hair until foamy and wash normally.
- Rinse hair thoroughly.
- Pure Simple recommends a vinegar rinse to restore natural pH balance to hair, and scalp. Instead of conditioner.
- Use 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of water for most lengths of hair. Use 2 tablespoons, in 2 cups of water for very long hair.
- Rinse finally with water.
- Dry as normal.
Vinegar rinse tips:
- Apple cider vinegar is a good all round choice. Suitable for all hair types.
- Dark, grape vinegar is excellent for darker hair.
- Lemon juice is a recommended alternative to vinegar for fair blonde hair.